Wednesday

A week in the life of...

Sick and tired of posts like this?

I paid some bills. I went to NYC. Twas a ton of fun.



That city kicks some major ass. It's an urban rainforest. All of the known varieties of human, and some that haven't been discovered, hang out in that city. Kinda scary making an 8am flight on your own. The subway system is simple yet highly formidable. I'm riding a train at 6am with a bunch of pissed off new yorkers. It's monday morning and no one is going to hold my hand and talk me through the transfers needed to get to JFK. Sure there's only one line that gets to the airport, but that line has like four different trains. Of course I don't get up early enough to leave time for miscalculations. If I end up on one of the trains that doesn't go all the way to JFK, I miss my flight.

Should I be so uptight about missing flights? Is it really that big a deal? I have the feeling that a missed flight can only be super horrible if you can't get another one that day. A missed appointment might be bad too. Hey, I'm a student without many cares. I can be different and not care about making it to my plane on time. I can be that damn-ass-badder cool. I dunno, I don't think I can do it. I will keep it real by never getting to the airport more than 50 mins early. That makes me as
cool as kids who live in atwater.

Right, so I end up making a blind faith transfer that proves divine. I think if I stayed on my first train, I would have missed my plane. I got on the plane and sat next to a loud and messy older dude. I think he was somewhat of a real estate tycoon, without the class. He was funny though.

I just lost a huge pot.

School drags on and on and on and on. Stupid I know.

2 Comments:

Blogger CoNEs said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

October 26, 2005  
Blogger Gorgeous Goose said...

You're trip sounds boring.

October 26, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home